Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw an article when McGeouch signed the new deal at Sunderland, saying that the likelihood is that he will still leave, despite the new contract.

He has openly said that he's frustrated, thinks he could have made an impact and is assessing his options.

Heading into next season with Bryson, McGeouch, Ferguson, Campbell & Gleeson (  :eek: ) as our central midfielders isn't a worrying thought to be fair, hope it happens.

McGeouch, 26, said: “I have a big decision to make. It’s disappointing I haven’t played as much as I’d have liked.

“I’m fit and feel good and I felt I could bring something to the team on Sunday.

“I expressed that to the manager, but he can only pick 18 players.

“I’ll see where my future is at and take it from there. It’s been a stop-start campaign, but I’ve been available for the majority of games. I’ve only played a handful.

“I’ve had wee niggles, but I’ve just not had a lot of game time.

“I’m going to go away over the summer and reassess things and see where we are.”

I saw an article when McGeouch signed the new deal at Sunderland, saying that the likelihood is that he will still leave, despite the new contract.

He has openly said that he's frustrated, thinks he could have made an impact and is assessing his options.

Heading into next season with Bryson, McGeouch, Ferguson, Campbell & Gleeson (  :eek: ) as our central midfielders isn't a worrying thought to be fair, hope it happens.

McGeouch, 26, said: “I have a big decision to make. It’s disappointing I haven’t played as much as I’d have liked.

“I’m fit and feel good and I felt I could bring something to the team on Sunday.

“I expressed that to the manager, but he can only pick 18 players.

“I’ll see where my future is at and take it from there. It’s been a stop-start campaign, but I’ve been available for the majority of games. I’ve only played a handful.

“I’ve had wee niggles, but I’ve just not had a lot of game time.

“I’m going to go away over the summer and reassess things and see where we are.”

I thought that was at the end of May that he gave that interview. He made the decision to extend to extend after that.

I was never that impressed with him when he was at Hibs. I’d be happy not to spend a transfer fee + large wages on him. A bit out of the Willo Flood school of being a nuisance but not actually that effective with the ball at his feet.

Sun saying we have offered James Wilson a contract. Some on Social Media saying he will indeed sign and will be announced next week. Sunderland & Preston apparently in for him also.

If he replicates what he showed in the last few games of the season, I'd be happy enough, but for me personally, his overall attitude wasn't really positive and he looked disinterested the majority of the time. 

Cavey on the Hat has gone all in with a very specific (ITK??) one

McGeouch to sign on Wednesday...…£150k on a 4 year deal. Supposedly info via Hibs ITKers. I'll believe it when I see him holding the scarf aloft. Would rather we went for Mulumbu for a couple of years tbh

Cavey on the Hat has gone all in with a very specific (ITK??) one

McGeouch to sign on Wednesday...…£150k on a 4 year deal. Supposedly info via Hibs ITKers. I'll believe it when I see him holding the scarf aloft. Would rather we went for Mulumbu for a couple of years tbh

I would be happy with either one to be honest, McGeouch is a tidy, neat and simple player, Mulumbu is an aggressive and physical, but has the technical capability as well. They would both bring something to the 11.

I assume the Djoum rumours are not coming to fruition, although he is away at the African Cup Of Nations I think? So don't see anything happening there until he's back I'd assume?

I would think if we sign any of Mulumbu, Mcgeogh or Djoum that would be us in midfield. Any of those 3 would require big bucks and we have still got Gleeson on the books. Unless we get into the group stage of the Europa League I wouldnt be surprised to see Dean Campbell go out on loan this season. It would probably be best for him to get a regular game somewhere.

On another note I read thay Ryan Gauld has been told he can leave Sporting if he finds a club. He may well become the new Alan Gow and I know hes not really fulfilled his early potential but he would surely be worth a punt on a free transfer.

Absolutely no to Gauld. He's had numerous loans at lower level clubs and done the square root of f@ck all at the lot of them.

Presuming Sporting will have paid up the balance of his contract so, in the absence of offers from big (ish) clubs he shouldn't be too hard to deal with. Needs to go to a club like St J to get a regular game and attempt to re-establish his early reputation. Even a return to the caravan dwellers wouldn't be a bad option.

But no way will we be interested at this point in time

On the radio earlier that we are trying to sign Marc McNulty now, apparently we tried to sign him when he was at Coventry, can't say I remember hearing about it. But he's been released from Reading and we have approached him, according to whoever it was talking on the radio. I would imagine Hibs will be back in for him too, see how this pans out if there's genuinely anything in it.

If, and obviously a big if, we do actually sign him, surely then another Striker would be moved on ( May surely )

Ball has landed on his feet there. He was by no means as bad as some of our fans made out and would have been a solid addition had he joined us permanently. There had been talk of him joining Ipswich and I thought we might have been a better option than them but QPR....well he was never going to turn that down.

Wonder if he will resurface on yet another loan after Warburton gets his jotters?

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Wonder if he will resurface on yet another loan after Warburton gets his jotters?

Warburton seems to be very highly rated down in England  :confused:

According to Robert Grieve, James Wilson will be announced on a 2-year contract tomorrow ( After midnight now, so technically today )

Apparently it was between us and Sunderland, who apparently offered him a bumper deal, so I respect his decision if this turns out to be true, a very rare thing that, choosing Football over Money.