Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

Kickback has melted but got a look before it did - they dont seem too upset  :-\

Surpised at that Dave. Jeffries is as good as they're going to get. No sane person would take that job

Possible return to management for Dingus  ;)

Kickback has melted but got a look before it did - they dont seem too upset  :-\

Yeah, saw that, a lot of them on about terrible form, and how if it was anyone else, they would have been shouting for change.

Very puzzling.

Surely last season is history.

Sky sports saying Jeffries been offered director of football roll and Brown and Locke not sacked but their positions are under review. cracking preperation for their euro tie on Thursday.

It beggars belief really

However Hearts apparently haven't won since March which sounds pretty bad but then the were so far clear in no-man's land in 3rd they had little to really play for.

Bet all these players JJ signed in the summer are fucking raging.  :lolabove:

STV can reveal that former Sporting Lisbon boss for less than a year Paulo Sergio Bento Brito is being lined up to be the new manager of Hearts.

The Tynecastle club have moved to appoint the Portuguese coach, commonly known as Paulo Sergio, following the dismissal of Jim Jefferies and his assistant Billy Brown on Monday afternoon.

7 jobs in 8 year managerial career. Perfect fit for Hearts.

New manager is taking charge tomorrow so no way this has not been planned for a while now. Makes you think that the run of games is just an excuse and it is Jefferies standing up to Vlad the Mad over the kiddie fidder is the real reason for his departure. 

Jefferies rejects Hearts role as Sergio takes over

Jim Jefferies has left Hearts with immediate effect after rejecting the club's offer of a new role as director of football.

The 60-year-old was removed as manager on Monday after an 18-month spell and is being replaced by former Sporting Lisbon coach Paulo Sergio.

The Portuguese met the Hearts squad on Tuesday morning.

Jefferies was in his second spell as boss, having previously managed the Edinburgh club between 1995 and 2000.

Jefferies told the club website: "Even though I'm disappointed at leaving the club and everyone knows my strong connection to Hearts, I'd like to thank the club for the opportunity myself and Billy have had in the last 18 months.

"I also appreciate the offer to develop in a new role at Hearts, however it has perhaps come too soon and it might be something that I would consider at a later date."

Club owner Vladimir Romanov was at Tynecastle on Sunday to see Hearts lose 1-0 to Dundee United, having started the season with a pair of 1-1 draws - at Rangers in the SPL and at Paksi in the Europa League.

Assistant manager Billy Brown has been sacked, while first-team coach Gary Locke's position is under review.

Romanov's seven-year tenure at Tynecastle has been littered with managerial casualties including John Robertson, George Burley, Graham Rix, Valdas Ivanauskas and Anatoly Korobochka.

Jefferies was appointed boss at Hearts for the second time on 29 January, 2010, after the departure earlier that day of Csaba Laszlo and led the club to third place in the SPL last season.

However, they are without a win in 11 games since beating St Mirren 3-2 on 19 March.

Former Hearts chairman George Foulkes, who left his post less than two weeks after Burley's departure in protest at the Tynecastle club's decision to part company with chief executive Phil Anderton, was disappointed by the announcement.

He said: "I am shocked at the decision and the timing of it, with the second leg of the Europa League qualifier this week

"But I have come to expect the unexpected with Vladimir Romanov.

"If he comes up with a replacement who is generally accepted to be brilliant, then I'm sure the Hearts fans will rejoice but the record of past managers doesn't give much hope."

Sergio, who has never managed outside his native Portugal, lost his job at Sporting in February, following Europa League elimination at the hands of Rangers.

HEARTS MANAGERS UNDER ROMANOV

Continue reading the main story

* 2004-05 John Robertson

* 2005 George Burley

* 2005-06 Graham Rix

* 2006-07 Valdas Ivanauskas

* 2007-08 Anatoly Korobochka

* 2008 Stephen Frail

* 2009-10 Csaba Laszlo

* 2010-11 Jim Jefferies

• 2 weeks later...