Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

Is that not the reason Arnason cut his trial short there after his experience with Plymouth?

The story I heard was that JJ decided not to take him because he wasn't better than what they already had. Or he was too similar to what they already had. One of the two. I think it was on here that I read that. I didn't know that Kari cut the trial period short.

The story I heard was that JJ decided not to take him because he wasn't better than what they already had. Or he was too similar to what they already had. One of the two. I think it was on here that I read that. I didn't know that Kari cut the trial period short.

Pretty certain that was correct, and it was only he that said it was a bonus of joining us because of the uncertainty surrounding Plymouth?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15360553.stm

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

Thought the new stand was already built? LMAO! Cunts.

Community Stadium? Who they kidding? Edinburgh Council will have even less cash the Aberdeen Council (cunts) thanks to the tram fuck up so can't see that they would be putting anything much into that.  What happened to the idea of linking up with the SRU and Edinburgh Rugby?

Not sure what the "severe restictions" are to their current set up is anyway.  They don't sell out, nobody does, and it's their own fault they didn't build more corporate into the other new stands.

Community Stadium? Who they kidding? Edinburgh Council will have even less cash the Aberdeen Council (cunts) thanks to the tram fuck up so can't see that they would be putting anything much into that.  What happened to the idea of linking up with the SRU and Edinburgh Rugby?

Not sure what the "severe restictions" are to their current set up is anyway.  They don't sell out, nobody does, and it's their own fault they didn't build more corporate into the other new stands.

They are even more fucked with regards to redeveloping their main stand than us as they have a nursery school in the corner between the main and roseburn stands, some other private business in the opposite corner plus a brand new school on the opposite side of the street. All sorts of traffic management and health & safety legistlation kick in when a school is on your front door step. A new stand with corporate, shops, hotels or whatever bollocks they were bragging about would also require a nice big concourse and lots of parking for which there is no space. Personally im amazed they got away with the new stands they have

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/26/hearts-players-delayed-wages

First-team players at Hearts are still waiting for delayed monthly salaries after the monies did not appear in their bank accounts on Wednesday.

The lack of wages, which were due in the middle of October, led to a meeting between the Hearts director Sergejus Fedotovas and anxious squad members on Friday. During those talks, Fedotovas expressed hope that salaries would be paid by Wednesday but also warned other bills had to be settled so Saturday's visit of Kilmarnock to Tynecastle could go ahead.

Yet funding still has not been transferred from Hearts' parent company, the Ukio Bankas Investment Group (UBIG), prompting wider fears. With debts last reported at £36.1m, UBIG's subsidy is essential to Hearts operating as an ongoing concern. The SPL club's annual wage bill is thought to be around £7m.

Although delays in wage payments are routine at Hearts, this is the longest the players have waited.

No direct explanation has been given for the delay, with Hearts now hopeful the monies will be paid next week. In the meantime, Scotland's Professional Footballers' Association is seeking a resolution to the problem.

A growing theory is that Vladimir Romanov, who controls Hearts and UBIG, has diverted attention and resources to basketball projects in his native Lithuania. Within the past week Zalgiris – the basketball team he owns – sacked their sixth head coach in only two years. Romanov has spent tens of millions of pounds on a new basketball stadium in Lithuania and the recruitment of foreign players.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20111101/vr-the-show-goes-on_2241384_2502190

Following the controversial league meeting with Kilmarnock at the weekend, Vladimir Romanov took time out from his busy schedule to speak to the Hearts fans about his concerns over the continuing decline of Scottish football.

Talking exclusively to Hearts News this afternoon, he said: "The media describes the current situation at Hearts as a soap opera. In reality, the soap opera, or to give it a more apt name, show business, is the whole of Scottish football, where lead roles are played by the teams from Glasgow, the national association, league, media, referees and the teams who agree to participate in this show.

"The game against Kilmarnock was another show. Following on from the investigation of Paulo Sergio for legitimate comments he has made, it simply shows how the media is running, or should that be ruining, Scottish football.

"Ian Black's sending off played its part and the whole game against Kilmarnock turned into farce. For a hand ball of the opponent we were not given a penalty, however Kilmarnock got theirs, but what for - as it is not clear why the "guilty player" was allowed to play on? As a result, Hearts lost the game again.

"That was the show, and it left many disappointed fans. They spend their money to watch football, not the show, but unfortunately as usual they didn't see any football.

"We also spend a lot of money but didn't manage to see any football in these six years. We watch football degrading in its homeland. There are practically no high-quality Scottish players left, Scottish clubs don't play in Europe and the national team doesn't manage to get into the finals of international championships. Additionally, Scottish football ranks alongside Armenia, Panama and Burkina Faso."

He added: "Entrepreneurs and various large businesses turned their backs on that sort of football and left this national heritage to the mercy of its own fate. That sort of outrage from the media, federation and tax authorities kills everyone who is trying to change this situation including ourselves who are ready to invest in Scotland once again with stadium plans. And no one is interested in what's going on. This is why I think that there is no point is spending millions to watch someone else's show."

:wave:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15542642.stm

The Scottish players' union is exploring the prospect of key personnel terminating their contracts with Hearts as wages continue to go unpaid.

PFA Scotland has written to Hearts outlining their concerns but have yet to receive a reply.

Wages were due on 16 October but an expected late payment has failed to materialise for a second time.

A number of players have already been hit by bank charges after defaulting on direct debits.

Non-playing staff and youth players are not affected by the problem, which the club have given no explanation for.

Last month, Hearts said in a statement that players would be paid "in the near future", and that those involved had been spoken to.

The disgruntled players could take their case to Fifa, citing a fundamental breach of contract without just cause.

If the world governing body agree, then players could apply to be released from their contracts allowing them to seek employment elsewhere.

The Edinburgh club are currently not co-operating with the media over coverage of disciplinary action by the Scottish Football Association against their manager Paulo Sergio.

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has been silent on the issue of delayed payments but has once again launched an attack on the game's governors and media coverage.

Speaking to the club's website, the Lithuanian-based banker said: "The media describes the current situation as a soap opera.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3911799/Hearts-tell-big-earners-to-quit.html

HEARTS last night sensationally told their top earners to find new clubs.

Jambos chiefs finally came clean and admitted they want to flog their leading players.

SunSport can reveal that winger David Templeton has already been offered to Rangers for a cut-price £500,000 fee.

Others will go in January as Hearts, owned by Vladimir Romanov desperately try to overcome a crippling cash crisis.

Bosses also warned players they do not know when Romanov will cough up unpaid wages.

The bombshell came at a crisis meeting yesterday after a group of senior stars demanded answers.

Instead they were told to start looking for a move.

Besides Templeton, a string of other players are also sure to attract bids.

Bristol City will be encouraged to step up interest in Ryan Stevenson. Hearts will also accept offers for Ian Black, Andrew Driver, John Sutton and Marius Zaliukas.

The news is also bound to cast doubt on the future of boss Paulo Sergio. It would appear to confirm that Romanov is not prepared to put any more of his money into the club.

There are now real fears about the very existence of the 127-year-old club.

Id say there might be something in that if they hadnt felt the need to say a team with severe financial problems has gone to another team with severe finacial problems saying 'hes yours for £500k  ???

BBC man John Barnes just "tweeted":

EDIT: further proof:  http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rolls/supreme/lists/r111102_048.htm

Bye then! Them and their big brothers in the one season...?  ;D

:wave:

Dont get me wrong i have found much amusement in the romanov era jam tart situation since burley got canned.  I've also found the hun financial situation highly entertaining and quite rightly so.  That said at the back of my mind i cant help but worry for the scottish game, if two of its biggest clubs can  go down the toilet, whos gonna be next?  Im delighted this is happening to two of my most hated teams but it overall it doesnt bode well for our game.  I've been saying for years scottish football needs to start over but a lot of clubs are in debt and if the huns and hertz can go to the wall anyone can.  thoughts?

If the players get released from their contracts do they have to wait for the next transfer window or can they just move clubs now?

They have to wait as they were registered for a club when the transfer window closed. They cant be registered with another club until the window opens again. This is why there's usually a lot of players released on deadline day. There are ways around it though, playing as an amateur etc.

Dont get me wrong i have found much amusement in the romanov era jam tart situation since burley got canned.  I've also found the hun financial situation highly entertaining and quite rightly so.  That said at the back of my mind i cant help but worry for the scottish game, if two of its biggest clubs can  go down the toilet, whos gonna be next?  Im delighted this is happening to two of my most hated teams but it overall it doesnt bode well for our game.  I've been saying for years scottish football needs to start over but a lot of clubs are in debt and if the huns and hertz can go to the wall anyone can.  thoughts?

Wise words mate.

My feelings are exactly the same. If Hearts and Huns go under, who is going to be next. Ourselves, Ushited, Killie all are carrying crippling debts. Having said that, if anyone was to go ,who better ;) In keeping with Sun/Retard sensationalist stories, there are no attributable quotes.

Lets be honest here Scottish football as we know it, is well and truely fucked.

The entertainment value simply isn't there, we can't compete with English League 1 clubs in the wages stakes, never mind Championship clubs. Ask yourself the last time you genuinely felt you had had value from your admission money ?

Am I not right in thinking that we've kept our debt at a far more "manageable" level than Hearts and Rangers have? Maybe this is where all the years on penny pinching and wage budget cuts will finally pay off by way of being able to stay in existence?

Am I not right in thinking that we've kept our debt at a far more "manageable" level than Hearts and Rangers have? Maybe this is where all the years on penny pinching and wage budget cuts will finally pay off by way of being able to stay in existence?

This was my understanding, are our actual debts in public domain? Still, I would have thought the amount of money they would be due from Hearts and Huns would satisfy HMRC for a while ;)