Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

Dont get me wrong i have found much amusement in the romanov era jam tart situation since burley got canned.  I've also found the hun financial situation highly entertaining and quite rightly so.  That said at the back of my mind i cant help but worry for the scottish game, if two of its biggest clubs can  go down the toilet, whos gonna be next?  Im delighted this is happening to two of my most hated teams but it overall it doesnt bode well for our game.  I've been saying for years scottish football needs to start over but a lot of clubs are in debt and if the huns and hertz can go to the wall anyone can.  thoughts?

Maybe ripping it all up and starting again is what's required, because it certainly isn't going to get any better any time soon in the current set up.

‘Aberdeen FC can cash in on the Jambos’

Craig Brown watching happenings at Tynecastle

By Charlie Allan

Published: 04/11/2011

Bookmark with:

WATCHING: Craig Brown today refused to rule out a raid by Aberdeen FC on any Hearts players.

ABERDEEN FC manager Craig Brown today admitted he will consider cashing in if troubled Hearts have to offload players in January.

Hearts players had hinted they could strike because their wages haven’t been paid and it has been reported the club has already told some of them they will be allowed to leave in January.

Brown refused to rule out a raid by Aberdeen FC on the Jam Tarts when the transfer window re-opens if they are forced to offload players to cut costs.

From the EE of course...

What a total non story as per usual from the Evening Depress.....

Usual lack of quotes etc.....

"refuse to rule out" really is a cracking phrase for journos with no real stories.

There are plenty of quotes in the paper, but I can't be arsed typing them out.

He's essentially saying that if any of them are available on a free then he'd be interested, but can't afford to pay transfer fees.

There are plenty of quotes in the paper, but I can't be arsed typing them out.

He's essentially saying that if any of them are available on a free then he'd be interested, but can't afford to pay transfer fees.

You buy the EE  :o

Or did you just pick it up and scan article whilst getting a roll  ???