THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7788669.stm

_45307291_alanlithgow_snsb226.jpg

young Scottish footballer placed on the Sex Offenders' Register after he admitted exposing himself to four women has had his sentence deferred.

Clyde player, Alan Lithgow, flashed at the women from his car and performed sex acts on himself in Edinburgh and Airdrie in August and October 2007.

The 20-year-old from Airdrie, has made regular appearances for the First Division club since the incidents.

Sentence was delayed at Airdrie Sheriff court to allow background reports.

The court was told the first offence took place on 27 August 2007 on Petersburn Road in Airdrie, when Lithgow was 19-years-old.

Prosecutor Wendy McAdam said: "At 1355 BST on that day a woman was walking, pushing her baby in a pram in Petersburn Road when she became aware of a black Vauxhall Corsa. It slowed down as it passed her. He was performing a sex act on himself."

The woman noted down the registration plate and reported the matter to police.

The other three offences took place within three hours on 15 October.

The first was on at midday on Lanark Road West, Balerno, Edinburgh, where he committed an act of public indecency, again in front of a woman pushing a pram.

He committed a second offence 50 minutes later at Gogar Station.

The third was carried out at Lady Ann Crescent in Airdrie, 40 miles away, at 1500 BST.

"Bizarre case"

Sheriff John C Morris was told that when Lithgow, who also played for the Scotland under-19 team, was traced by detectives he "broke down in tears" during a police interview and admitted the offences.

Lithgow's lawyer, Brian Mohan, said: "It is a bizarre case and he has little explanation for the offences."

Sheriff Morris told the footballer: "This is fairly serious stuff. I am not satisfied I would be doing the proper thing sentencing you without getting a risk assessment on you first."

Lithgow signed for Clyde in October after he was released by Scottish Premier League club Hearts FC in the summer.

He made his debut for the club in November, just days before pleading guilty to the offences at Airdrie Sheriff Court, where he was placed on the Sex Offenders' Register and given bail.

Clyde manager John Brown, who was at the court, said: "We knew about this when he signed for us. It happened over 13 months ago and everyone is allowed one mistake.

"We are a family club and hopefully he will go to become a good role model and have a successful football career."

Lithgow denied two other offences, a breach of the peace and public indecency, and this was accepted by the Crown.

He is expected to be sentenced next month following a psychological report to assess how much of a risk he poses to women.

The legacy of Rix

The contract is "void" if one party breaches the terms of it. For example an employer not paying wages could be grounds for breach of contract.

Thats what I had picked up, win bonus non-payment breach. It came from a previosuly unreliable source, hence the reason why I saught verification  :-\

Bloody hell, they sound more like tims with every passing day:

from JKB

As always that article is clealr biased against Hearts. I don't see my team as being disgraced, rather we are a team being bullied and goaded by officials on a regular basis. I'm proud of my team, and I'm proud of Robbie.

It's long past the time when Hearts (Team and supporters) should adopt a zero tolerance to everyting and everybody outwith our family. Other clubs hate us (see the Jimmy Nicol thread) other fans hate us, and there is absolutely no doubt whatsovere that officials hate us, finally the media hate us. No one likes Hearts except for Hearts people.

We need to be strong and support each other both on and off the park. We need to stick together.

Feck the whole football establishment; and god bless Heart of Midlothian.

It's time we started refusing to pay the fines and let the SFA take us to court. How i would love to see them in a court of law trying to win a case with their one sided biased set of rules. Craig Levein had them running scared a few years back and if it wasn't for CR being spineless and accepting the SFA's offer on the court steps it would have seen the inside of a courtroom.

The SFA's tactics are nothing more than bullyboy tactics and to strike fear into each club. The officials in this country who the SFA employ are at best completely incompetant and at worst corrupt.There is enough evidence for a start, of a sustained campaign against Miko by officials in this country and many many more instances or "Corrupt" like decisions being made against us (Stewarts sending off by a 4th official who hadnt even seen the incident and went on word of mouth from an opposing manager being just one other in the list)

Love him or hate him we have an owner who has the balls to stand up to the establishment, an investigation into the running of the sport in this country by an independant authority is long overdue, It only takes one person to stand up to them and others would to. We need a show of resistance and unity on this, to stand up to these bullies and show them were not scared, and we will not be intimidated by them anymore.

People call us paranoid etc. but when faced with the mounting evidence over the last 3 years it's difficult to find a reason not to be paranoid or at least sceptical. If Bigger more prestigious leagues in the world ie. Serie A, can have corruption it is not impossible to suggest the SFA/Officials are also corrupt. No-one is immune from corruption at any level.

Stoke manager Tony Pulis has said he will deal with Ricardo Fuller after the Hearts legend was sent off for striking Andy Griffin in the 2-1 defeat by West Ham.

Fuller, who used to play for Champions League winners next season, Heart of Midlothian F.C., appeared to slap the City captain after the Hammers had equalised at Upton Park on Sunday.