THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

It's incredible that someone has gone to the trouble of compiling those stats only to have overlooked the fact that Hearts are and always have been a dirty team who deserve every card they get.

Not forgetting the 100 or so yellow cards that Pressley managed to avoid while assaulting every striker he played against.

Ooh fuck yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread always makes me feel uneasy in the lead up to playing Hearts. Although I do find it funny that its abbreviation is LALAH, which is clearly the noise Romanov makes when he sticks his fingers in his ears  :thumbsup:

I fucking love this thread. I think every Scottish football forum should have one to store up the endless stream of laughable incidents that seep from that festering cesspit of a club. Every time I see it has shot back to the top of the first page I relish opening it and reading another classic milestone in their slow and painful collapse. Bring the cunts on this Saturday, I always put a few extra decibels into every song at Tynecastle these days, as I suspect most dons fans do  ;D

• 1 month later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7946007.stm

Former chief executive Phil Anderton thinks the ego of club owner Vladimir Romanov cost Hearts the Scottish Premier League title in 2005/06.

He believes decisions such as sacking manager George Burley that term prevented the club breaking the Old Firm stranglehold on the championship.

"I genuinely think that Hearts could've won it that year," he told BBC Sport.

"He (Burley) was basically sacked because an idiot couldn't stand the fact he was getting all the attention."

Ouch!

• 1 month later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8022699.stm

Hearts jettison Lithuanian pair

Hearts' Lithuanian midfielders Saulius Mikoliunas and Deividas Cesnauskis have left the club with immediate effect.

"Both players have already returned to Lithuania," a club spokesman told their official website.

"We cannot allow the personal desires of people outside the club, such as agents, to disrupt the excellent progress our team is making."

The duo, on loan from FBK Kaunas, have struggled to hold down first-team places this season.

Mikoliunas has started just seven out of a possible 36 games for Hearts this season, while Cesnauskis has started only three.

The spokesman said: "It is quite evident to us that the players' will to play for Hearts dropped due to the influence of agents, who put their own interests ahead of Hearts and the squad.

"In these circumstances we expect players to be much stronger as professional footballers."

The club criticised the role of agents in the duo's exit from Tynecastle.

"Their actions - usually trying to lure the players with ungrounded promises and increasing expectations in order to benefit financially for themselves - are heavily damaging to the team and the club, while putting players' careers at risk," the spokesman said.

"As a result, it is most unlikely that either Mikoliunas or Cesnauskis will appear again for Heart of Midlothian Football Club and we shall pursue such a policy for the future in order to protect the club and make it a success financially and on the field."

Rather than just let the players go as they are not getting a game they seem to have to make a song and dance about agents being evil.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8022699.stm

Rather than just let the players go as they are not getting a game they seem to have to make a song and dance about agents being evil.

Unfortunately I think this story is actually a sign that Hearts are cleaning up some aspects of their business. These kind of players are representative of a ludicrous episode in their existence and the present manager seems to be weeding out the leeches/deadwood at the club. More reason to worry than laugh I suspect.

Unfortunately I think this story is actually a sign that Hearts are cleaning up some aspects of their business. These kind of players are representative of a ludicrous episode in their existence and the present manager seems to be weeding out the leeches/deadwood at the club. More reason to worry than laugh I suspect.

Totally, they made the first step by getting in Lazlo. I quite rate him as a manager (tin hat on) and he seems to have done what most managers have not been able to, which is stand up to the madman (albeit from my outside persepective), whilst also keeping him happy. If they actually continue this progress, they will only get harder to beat, and also push the Old Firm a bit more. (tin hat still on) Something I actually admire at hearts is the fact that they don't give a fuck about anyone and they certainly don't pander to anyone else. I still hate the bastards though  :hammer:  and would take great pleasure if we beat them to third :D

Dare I say it.....

Worth a look?

Yes you dare, and to be honest, I had this very conversation with a tim mate of mine after the Dunfermline disaster. I said he is the only manager in the SPL I would take. He kept spouting, mark mcghee pish etc...but I actually think Lazlo has the makings of a decent manager. And I am surprised he hasn't been mentioned before considering the jokes for managers being banded about.

Exactly how I saw it.

Yes you dare, and to be honest, I had this very conversation with a tim mate of mine after the Dunfermline disaster. I said he is the only manager in the SPL I would take. He kept spouting, mark mcghee pish etc...but I actually think Lazlo has the makings of a decent manager. And I am surprised he hasn't been mentioned before considering the jokes for managers being banded about.

I didn't mean Lazlo!  ;)

I agree with you though, he has the makings of a good enough manager and has made Hearts into a formidable force whilst also satisfying Romanov. I think he hasn't been mentioned because Hearts would never let him go and I don't think he would join any other SPL team outside of the Old Firm.

So these two Lithuanian lads eh.........?

His brand of football looks pretty dire. It may be a resource limitation but watching Hearts must be pretty painful at the moment. I suspect he is excellent when it comes to bringing a bit of backbone, discipline and structure to the club set up but he doesn't look like silky soccer is high on his agenda.

img26.gif

and despite apparently publishing some great end of year figures:

img1C.gif

The 2008 accounts show that the club is still burdened with horrendous debts, this stood at £30m at 31st July 2008.

On its day to day operations the club is losing roughly £11m a year. By selling Craig Gordon, and others for nearly  £10m the club managed to produce a smaller loss of only £3.5m for the year. This result cannot be matched in 2009 due to the lack of saleable players. That the club are still spending £2m more on player wages than they get in income in total is totally unsustainable. The interest payments for 2008 of over £2m are another crippling cost. The club has debts of over £30m, with no obvious way of ever paying those debts off.  Overall the results are very depressing.