THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

• 3 weeks later...
Shabba.

"We had a fantastic win at Parkhead but the jobs at Celtic and Rangers are the highest you can get in Scotland.

"Maybe in the summer the owner of Celtic just wanted someone who had played for them before as the new manager but I was surprised that my name wasn't mentioned in connection with it.

"I am fluent in five languages. I am ambitious and I am 100 per cent certain that I will one day be offered the chance to manage a big club so why not Celtic or Rangers? After 16 months in charge of Hearts I could handle anything.

"The most important thing in my life is to show everyone in Scotland and the UK that I am a good manager and that I am capable of leading a team at a higher level and to have success.

"It's what I want and what I need. Being manager of Heart of Midlothian offers me fantastic possibilities.

"Last season we finished third and I won the Manager of the Year award, which gives me evidence that what I am doing is OK.

"I survived the Ceausescu regime in Romania and I became coach of the year in Hungary with Ferencvaros. When I managed the Ugandan national team we beat Nigeria for the first time in 14 years and they called me the Magic Man.

"What is important for me is that I always give everything. When I was playing for Bayer Uerdingen in Germany I suffered a knee injury at 24 and had eight – eight! – operations to try and cure the problem.

"Nothing worked so I stopped playing and put everything into being a coach and 12 of the youth team players I worked with went on to play in the Bundesliga and abroad."

"I definitely believe that it is my destiny to manage a big club. If Liverpool were to call me then I would go there and change the fact that they have not been champions for 20 years. Why not?

"Equally, should Manchester United ask me to take the job from Sir Alex Ferguson then I would go there and keep them in first position. That is the confidence I have in my ability and if you don't have this then you are in the wrong job.

"I had three offers to manage other clubs and my salary would have been bigger at all three. I also had better offers when I left Uganda to come to Hearts.

"My wife tells me I am crazy but I had given my word to Mr Romanov that I would come and that I would stay and those other clubs did not feel right for me.

"For me, my gut reaction to these things is more important than money. The South African FA recently asked me if I wanted to manage their national team. That is no accident because they knew the job I did in Africa.

"But I gave my word to Mr Romanov and, as long as he doesn't change his course, I will give my all for Heart of Midlothian. I know that, before Wednesday, our performances haven't been the best recently but there may be a chance for us to do something during the January transfer window.

"My contract has one more season to run after this but there is a clause in it which means I can leave for a certain sum."

"It's frustrating that we haven't progressed. We could have qualified for the Europa League with a few signings but the economic situation meant that wasn't possible. I have accepted this and will continue to work with our young players.

"Last summer 12 senior players left the club and three young players arrived. A 25-year-old footballer will think differently from a 20-year-old, just as I, at 45, think differently about the game than I did when I was 30: it's called experience.

"Everyone wants success and people in other countries may look at my situation and think: 'He was third last season and now he's ninth: what's going wrong?" but the question everyone should ask is: 'Does he have the tools?'

"If someone invests £10-20 million in his club then he is entitled to ask for success but that is not the case."

"How we finish the season is more important than where we are now. It's fantastic for Hibs to be third at the moment but we have played just nine games so far and I hope to have overtaken them after 38 matches.

"My target at the start of every season is to win the championship and, as it goes on, to finish as high as we possibly can."

:lolabove:

All thats missing is, I helped out big fredrich and he's already on his way to be JC :D

• 3 weeks later...

hearts are playing killie this weekend.  Here is what a hearts fan has to say about it:

Without a league win in 6, without an away league win since Febuary and only 4 goals scored in the last 6 all things points to us not getting anything. Coupled with the fact we have only won once at Rugby Park since the start of 2005/2006 season.

• 2 weeks later...