THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

Well aye. I was just a bit confused as to why you quoted me then said scottish fitba survived when utd and Hibs went down.

To be fair to the guy with a hardon for planes, 'A needs B' indicates that A won't survive without B.

8)

Not only would the SPL survive the loss of those manky bastards, we'd be slightly less of a mickey mouse set up.

It survived when both Dundee Utd and Hibs went down. If Hearts did too I doubt it'd be for more than a season. Would also be enjoyable to watch.

Hearts themselves were relegated twice in the 80s.

Now I know there are three clubs that have NEVER been relegated, and obviously two are the OF..now who is the other team?

My sensible, rational self agrees totally with ally s on this one. Scottish football needs as many strong teams as possible to bring competition back to the SPL. The positive aspect of this season is seeing UTD and Hibs hanging on to the OF and hoping that we can get in there as well. The more teams who are strong enough to take points from the OF in a season the closer we can get to them.

The only problem with that is this is a LAUGH AT HEARTS thread so I feel compelled to carry on in that tone. I would fucking love to see those over inflated hun scum bastards drop down the tubes like a wet shite. Get in.

My sensible, rational self agrees totally with ally s on this one. Scottish football needs as many strong teams as possible to bring competition back to the SPL. The positive aspect of this season is seeing UTD and Hibs hanging on to the OF and hoping that we can get in there as well. The more teams who are strong enough to take points from the OF in a season the closer we can get to them.

The only problem with that is this is a LAUGH AT HEARTS thread so I feel compelled to carry on in that tone. I would fucking love to see those over inflated hun scum bastards drop down the tubes like a wet shite. Get in.

:lolabove:

I made a literal LoL there.

I don't think many people who are saying hearts can fuck off would disagree with that. Yes we need strong teams but do we need a jumped up bunch of hun wannabes to be that team? I don't think we do at all. A strong Inverness, Falkirk, Dunfermline, QoS, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Killie...Patrick Thistle. Brilliant.

Who needs the wet purple shites and when have they ever been strong anyway (apart from the half season Burley had them)? Bunch of nobodies with an over-inflated opinion of themselves.

I don't think many people who are saying hearts can fuck off would disagree with that. Yes we need strong teams but do we need a jumped up bunch of hun wannabes to be that team? I don't think we do at all. A strong Inverness, Falkirk, Dunfermline, QoS, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Killie...Patrick Thistle. Brilliant.

Who needs the wet purple shites and when have they ever been strong anyway (apart from the half season Burley had them)? Bunch of nobodies with an over-inflated opinion of themselves.

OK, I'm going to indulge in the rational discussions for a little longer here on the premise that you let me get back to the irrational laughing post haste.

As much as we hate the inflated ego's that have populated too much of Hearts public face for the last 5 years its surely naive to suggest that the teams listed above have the potential to be a top 6 side over the long term in the same capacity that Hearts do. They are arguably the best supported side in the capital city for starters and have a strong history in recent years (last 10 ?) of being one of the main challengers to the OF. You can hypothesise about the bleak future they will possibly endure but you cannot deny the facts of recent times. Outside of Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen there are very few if any sides who have consistently been top 6 in the last 5-10 years. Certainly none of those sides you have pointed to as potential strong clubs are more likely to assist Aberdeen in our challenge to the OF than Hearts.

OK, I'm going to indulge in the rational discussions for a little longer here on the premise that you let me get back to the irrational laughing post haste.

As much as we hate the inflated ego's that have populated too much of Hearts public face for the last 5 years its surely naive to suggest that the teams listed above have the potential to be a top 6 side over the long term in the same capacity that Hearts do. They are arguably the best supported side in the capital city for starters and have a strong history in recent years (last 10 ?) of being one of the main challengers to the OF. You can hypothesise about the bleak future they will possibly endure but you cannot deny the facts of recent times. Outside of Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen there are very few if any sides who have consistently been top 6 in the last 5-10 years. Certainly none of those sides you have pointed to as potential strong clubs are more likely to assist Aberdeen in our challenge to the OF than Hearts.

Is the annoying but no less correct answer.

I'm not so sure if anyone needs a strong Hearts, other than Hearts. They were the last team to split the Old Firm, yes, but this was done through spending money on wages that no-one else could afford. Did it benefit us or the rest of the league? Nae really.

Do jambos reckon that they need a strong Aberdeen, for example? I doubt it, and why should they. For me its a similar argument to those who say that English football needs a 'strong' Leeds Utd, or a 'strong' Newcastle. Perhaps for the neutral it is more interesting to see these clubs invade the top four and piss in their champagne, but are the likes of Spurs, Villa, Everton and such like any the worse of without them? Probably not.

I agree that Hearts are one of the few teams that could hope, perhaps dream, to raise a challenge to the Old Firm, given the size of fanbase etc. But, although I may have missed the point here, I don't see how they would 'assist' us by being this strong. Such talk seems so hypothetical anyway, given that Hearts have many a financial hurdle to leap before they become a sustainable club in the long term anyway.

I'm not so convinced.

There is no way that anyone can deny that since the SPL was created they have been the most successful team. But is this really a good thing? Do we really want Hearts to be a big strong team? Would us having 3 big teams that won the league instead of 2 actually make any difference? I'd much rather that we had 1 season wonders from all the other SPL teams, Hibs, Motherwell, Us and Livingstone have managed to finish 3rd once each, lets keep that going United might managed it this season, and maybe Dundee in a few years too. The only '3rd force' I want to see in the SPL is Aberdeen. I'd quite happily see Hearts taken down a few levels and then watch the mighty Dons fill the void left by them.

I think we need teams like Hearts to make the league marketable. As much as I would love to see them get relegated/ go bust. It would make Scottish Football even more of a laughing stock than it already is.

Still. just for the moment of seeing Hertz with their heads in their hands again might make it all worth it :D

As much as I really cannae fuckin stand Hearts, I'd much rather have them in the league than the likes of Killie, St Mirren, Livingston, St Johnstone, etc. Killie especially have done their time in the SPL. It's about time they fucked off and saved the travelling Red Army a fortune.

For the SPL to be marketable, the league needs Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Dundee Utd to be in the mix. The likes of St Mirren and Killie add absolutely no value to the league whatsoever with their 32 fans.

As much as I really cannae fuckin stand Hearts, I'd much rather have them in the league than the likes of Killie, St Mirren, Livingston, St Johnstone, etc. Killie especially have done their time in the SPL. It's about time they fucked off and saved the travelling Red Army a fortune.

For the SPL to be marketable, the league needs Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Dundee Utd to be in the mix. The likes of St Mirren and Killie add absolutely no value to the league whatsoever with their 32 fans.

My thoughts exactly. If any of the big four outside the Old Firm were to be relegated it would be interesting to see what impact it might have on TV deals etc.

My thoughts exactly. If any of the big four outside the Old Firm were to be relegated it would be interesting to see what impact it might have on TV deals etc.

Fuck all i'd imagine. When do we ever get to see a close exciting game like Aberdeen v Hibs or Hearts v Dundee Utd on TV? Never, that's when. Aslong as there is somebody for the OF to play we'll have a TV deal. Tragic but true.

Agreed with Reekie, Killie are a waste of space, wish they would just fuck off.

I'm not so sure if anyone needs a strong Hearts, other than Hearts. They were the last team to split the Old Firm, yes, but this was done through spending money on wages that no-one else could afford. Did it benefit us or the rest of the league? Nae really.

Do jambos reckon that they need a strong Aberdeen, for example? I doubt it, and why should they. For me its a similar argument to those who say that English football needs a 'strong' Leeds Utd, or a 'strong' Newcastle. Perhaps for the neutral it is more interesting to see these clubs invade the top four and piss in their champagne, but are the likes of Spurs, Villa, Everton and such like any the worse of without them? Probably not.

I agree that Hearts are one of the few teams that could hope, perhaps dream, to raise a challenge to the Old Firm, given the size of fanbase etc. But, although I may have missed the point here, I don't see how they would 'assist' us by being this strong. Such talk seems so hypothetical anyway, given that Hearts have many a financial hurdle to leap before they become a sustainable club in the long term anyway.

You are slightly off the track of my point though. The SPL needs teams who can beat the OF. Not just one team but many teams and Hearts are one of those most likely to do this consistently, ergo, we need them to be strong.

Aberdeen are never going to go through a season losing 3 or 4 games. The OF are capable of doing this most seasons and so they walk the league. In order for Aberdeen to challenge this position we need the OF to lose 8 or 9 games at least. Thats 16-18 games a season they need to lose between them. We only play them a max of 8 so even if we are able to beat them home and away we still need them to lose at least 10 additional games. Who is going to do that if we want every team to be shit ? That is why we need Hearts, and others, to be strong and assist Aberdeen to challenge the OF.

You are slightly off the track of my point though. The SPL needs teams who can beat the OF. Not just one team but many teams and Hearts are one of those most likely to do this consistently, ergo, we need them to be strong.

Aberdeen are never going to go through a season losing 3 or 4 games. The OF are capable of doing this most seasons and so they walk the league. In order for Aberdeen to challenge this position we need the OF to lose 8 or 9 games at least. Thats 16-18 games a season they need to lose between them. We only play them a max of 8 so even if we are able to beat them home and away we still need them to lose at least 10 additional games. Who is going to do that if we want every team to be shit ? That is why we need Hearts, and others, to be strong and assist Aberdeen to challenge the OF.

Fair point. Nonetheless Hearts in their current state are in no position to mount such a challenge, nor I imagine will they be for some time to come given that their unsustainable debt will eventually lead to some disasterous consequences, so to wish for them to be strong seems soewhat irrelevant. I also reckon that the Old Firm will have to sink to a far lower ebb than they are at even now before teams like us are taking enough points off them to make the league competitive because, let's face it, this is far more likely than us rising to their current standard. Either way it seems a hell of a long way off.

In the mean time, it seems that the desperate mockery of the demise of a rather distasteful football club is enough to keep us all sane for now...fuck off ya purple huns!  ;)

Fair point. Nonetheless Hearts in their current state are in no position to mount such a challenge, nor I imagine will they be for some time to come given that their unsustainable debt will eventually lead to some disasterous consequences, so to wish for them to be strong seems soewhat irrelevant. I also reckon that the Old Firm will have to sink to a far lower ebb than they are at even now before teams like us are taking enough points off them to make the league competitive because, let's face it, this is far more likely than us rising to their current standard. Either way it seems a hell of a long way off.

In the mean time, it seems that the desperate mockery of the demise of a rather distasteful football club is enough to keep us all sane for now...fuck off ya purple huns!  ;)

That's the spirit, I had to go and have a shower after writing that last post! Back to the aching belly laughs.

Read some chat from Romanov in the retard today. He was banging on about there being no football in Scotland and that we should be shamed by the way the league is corrupt to ensure the OF win everything. I could hear him back pedalling from my office in South Queensferry.