Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

glasgow sheep

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Hearts confirm they will continue with 650 away allocation. 

No problem with this as they are putting own fans first but going to make getting a ticket fun. Wonder if Burrows will follow through on his idea of giving them a similar allocation at Pittodrie. 

Can’t help but think there should be minimum requirements for each team. It’s a shite number and will make away atmospheres pathetic if they keep letting clubs get away with this.

• Like 1

The thing is, Hearts don't actually fill every seat, there are loads of empty seats at every home game. But they've sold their season tickets for cheap, have created a demand for them through that - rightly or wrongly - and so people buy season tickets to ensure they're "in" rather than on a waiting list, but are essentially just hogging a seat because they don't plan to go to every game.

Season ticket holders can sell these tickets through a ticket exchange but it doesn't appear to be very popular, likely because folk want to buy as a group or with pals and not random tickets dotted around.

So you have small away allocations while there are empty seats throughout the stadium. And I include Aberdeen in that criticism as we appear to have gone over the top with segregation which has significantly cut the away support. I prefer seeing big noisy away supports. The Old Firm have ruined their derby atmosphere by what they've done (Rangers at fault there) and at least Hearts and Hibs haven't done the same.

For me, I think 2,000 is a fair number to offer away fans in the Premiership.

Edited by Panda

How many outside Weegie bigots and us would take 2,000 though. Even the Edinburgh clubs rarely bring 2,000 to us. I think a minimum of 5% of capacity would be fair with ability to drop that if clubs have not sold all allocation say 7 days before. Also needs to be a cap on ticket prices for away fans. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jute said:

How many outside Weegie bigots and us would take 2,000 though. Even the Edinburgh clubs rarely bring 2,000 to us. I think a minimum of 5% of capacity would be fair with ability to drop that if clubs have not sold all allocation say 7 days before. Also needs to be a cap on ticket prices for away fans. 

Can be offered 2,000, don't need to take 2,000.

5% wouldn't do much. Taking away segregation etc, 5% of the sellable capacity of Tynecastle is about 700-800. 

• 1 year later...

Seems as good a place as any to post this, so here goes.

Have just spent a bit of time looking over my shoulder for Scotland's third force rushing up on us, but couldn't see them.

Upon further investigation, I now understand now on account of the fact they have lost EIGHT consecutive games seeing them FOURTEEN points behind us having played a game more, out of the League Cup at the first hurdle, out of Europa League qualifiers at the first hurdle.

In fairness however, apparently their hotel bookings are fairly positive.

God bless the Jambos, always providing entertainment value.

• Haha 1

I’m annoyed we don’t play them until early October. Not convinced he’s going to be able to stick it out. Still, he didn’t lose by the predicted result (previous managers had lost 1-0 and 2-0 to saints before getting respectively emptied).

I think the only thing saving Naismith at the moment is the fact the Hearts board only extended his contract last month. Suspect the board are hoping he will resign to save face for them and it will be at least the next international break before they act if things don’t improve. 

47 minutes ago, Jute said:

I think the only thing saving Naismith at the moment is the fact the Hearts board only extended his contract last month. Suspect the board are hoping he will resign to save face for them and it will be at least the next international break before they act if things don’t improve. 

I realise Naismith won't exactly be short of a few bob, but if I was him I'd be fucked if I would walk away from three years worth of compensation 

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

I realise Naismith won't exactly be short of a few bob, but if I was him I'd be fucked if I would walk away from three years worth of compensation 

Agreed why walk away from the guaranteed cash and after this shitshow he’s not likely to get another well paying gig for a while. Milk it for all it’s worth would be my impartial advice.

Even with Naismith gone, to find a new guy right now and get their shit together will be tough. We play them in 3 weeks right after they’ve traveled to Minsk, it’s a tough ask just like we experienced last year.
We appear to have aced it with JT but that took a couple of years in the making. Don’t see or hear of anyone legit that would impress me.

17 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Even with Naismith gone, to find a new guy right now and get their shit together will be tough. We play them in 3 weeks right after they’ve traveled to Minsk, it’s a tough ask just like we experienced last year.
We appear to have aced it with JT but that took a couple of years in the making. Don’t see or hear of anyone legit that would impress me.

They haven't got a bad squad by any stretch, and it wouldn't surprise me if they got a lift from just binning their manager. 

36 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

We play them in 3 weeks right after they’ve traveled to Minsk, it’s a tough ask just like we experienced last year.

The game is actually in Azerbaijan behind closed doors. So an even longer trip.

49 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

They haven't got a bad squad by any stretch, and it wouldn't surprise me if they got a lift from just binning their manager. 

Sure, or not. 50/50. But I don’t see them hiring anyone over night and they have a bitch of a travel right before our game. New manager or not, tough ask of them.

5 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Their next game is a relegation battle against Ross County😆

Edited by dons8321

1 hour ago, dons8321 said:

Their next game is a relegation battle against Ross County😆

IF they lose their next two league games and we win ours we would be 20 points ahead and have a game in hand.

Very much doubt any of us would have foreseen that possibility 

15 minutes ago, BigAl said:

IF they lose their next two league games and we win ours we would be 20 points ahead and have a game in hand.

It would have been a pretty impressive prediction that not only foresaw the points deficit, but that they'd also get knocked out of the league cup allowing them to bring a fixture forward, that's for sure. I predicted it, I just didn't want to say anything.

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

We get a say in that as well, as we play them after Dundee, so not bad odds on this happening.