Saturday 19th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Celtic v Aberdeen

Andy Considine - He's One of Our Own

I know he has his doubters but for me Andy Considine is a player I would have as one of the first on the team sheet every week! He gives his all, he is a leader on the park and versatility between left back and centre half is a great thing to have. For a big lad, he gets up and down the line and has a great cross on him. He has dedicated his career to AFC and what I'd like to say is, what does he have to do to deserve the Don's fans singing 'He's one of our own?' He really is one of our own always has been and always will be. Stand Free Andy!

His name doesnt work too well with the song?,...or the fact he's quietly effective,and the song suits someone more prominent?. I heard a new one in his honour for the first time on Saturday,but cant remember how it goes.

Deserves the praise as you say though

• 4 years later...
53 minutes ago, Jute said:

Thought he might have gone to play for someone like Cove or Peterhead for a couple of seasons but obviously decided to retire as a Premier league player. 

Good on him. Done what we all probably dreamt of at some point until we realised we were pish(ed)! Glad to see him go out as a top flight pro 👍

A guy who you have to feel got everything out of his talent. A 20-year top flight career, almost entirely at his boyhood club, winning a trophy and gaining international recognition. What an example. I don't know what his retirement plans are but getting someone like that into a youth set up somewhere at least seems like a good idea.

Consi, thanks for all the memories.

Fourth most Aberdeen appearances and your place in the history books assured.

Don't think there was anyone more delighted than me when you achieved your international caps, particularly given it was as you were heading towards the twilight of your career and would imagine that you felt it had certainly passed you by.

Put your feet up Andy, take some time out and really hope you're not completely lost to the football world.

A true Aberdeen FC LEGEND 👍

Never have I seen a case of a manager not reading the room as much as when Goodwin punted him (in fairness to Goodwin, he did admit his error). Given the absolute dross we replaced Considine with, he'd have easily had another 30-40 games under his belt. Instead, we chose to develop a Tim. A complete professional throughout his career, and massively underrated by our own fans - many were never able to let go his performances as a youngster in his first few years, despite defenders almost always taking longer to mature. His work ethic and fitness were top notch, he covered a lot of ground in games (especially at left back), which was never really recognised. Also more than happy with the ball at his feet. Hopefully Molloy, Milne, MacKenzie etc can emulate him in the coming seasons.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Likeable unassuming local loon,great work ethic,good role model(if you ignore the tranny video) for the young players if he ever returns in some capacity

Edited by Elgindon