Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Andy Murray

K-9

GS - I'm deliberately not paying attention for that same reason so he'll be ok.  :thumbsup:

Fuck sake! The first action of the whole Australian Open that I saw was Murray's 3rd set tie-break against the Ukrainian lad which he lost. As soon as I changed the channel he started winning again.  :thumbsup:

Looks like that was probably right. Right Mr Murray, less of yer nose bleeds!

Not sure if your on the wind-up, but again this is just nonsense.  I watch plenty of Andy Murray and it's years since he's had a mental breakdown.  However, his teenage years, the tantrums, petulance and huff - will always stick in the mind of those who don't watch much tennis.  He's a different person these days - he's grown up.  How many of us weren't huffy and tempremental when we were in our teams?  I actually believe that mentally he's one of the strongest players on tour these days.

Not since he was 20, have I seen Murray beaten by himself.... only ever by a better tennis player on the day.  In the majors, he's just not been good enough.  Yet.  Simple as that.

I don't know much about golf, but as I understand Montgomerie had the game to win a major... you simply cannot say the same about Andy Murray.  He has never been world number one and there have always been better players than him.  He hasn't been worthy.  Federer and Nadal have always been better.  It's not correct to say he's bottled the majors - that suggests he's thrown it away.  Which is incorrect and disrespectful to probably the greatest player who's ever lived.

If Murray is good enough, he'll win one of these - I'm not convinced he is, but I live in hope.  I think Federer has been on another level.  I've watched both, in the flesh, at Melbourne park this week and Federer is a long way better than Murray right now.  If he does beat Ferrer on Friday, he'll have to bring his game to a new level and play better than he ever has in his life to beat Federer in the final.

Murrays serve was poor today and if he serves like that on Friday, and Ferrer returns the way he did to today, Andy Murray will be out.  Nothing to do with a bloody nose.