Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Andy Murray

K-9

Fuck sake! The first action of the whole Australian Open that I saw was Murray's 3rd set tie-break against the Ukrainian lad which he lost. As soon as I changed the channel he started winning again.  :thumbsup:

You know what you have to do then, don't you ???

2 finals, 2 pretty shite performances by his own very high standards.

That looks like a nosebleed type of affair to me.

Murray does have the game to win slam events, otherwise he wouldn't ever beat the players above him nor would he get to the slam finals he has. He played poorly in the finals he has, nowhere near his high standards. Not anything like the histrionics of yesteryear that for some reason you are harking back to but the point remains, unfulfilled talent thus far.

He is definatly good enough to win, he has the game to beat anyone in the Aussie and US, not so much at Wimbledon but he'd still be classed as one of the favourites and would be surprised if he did anything a the French, especially with Nadal on the go. Obviously others have the game to beat him too, thats why they are so hard to win.

I think theres elements in truth what everyone is saying, he wasn't at his best in both finals but personally I wouldn't called it nosebleeds and even at his best he was gonna struggle against Federer on that form.

But take nothing away from him, if his careers ended today it would still be a very successful career, 6 or 7 Masters series events is impressive, beating Nadal, Federer and Djokovic numerous times to win those. Remember Federer may go down as the greatest ever and the only man that is likely to overtake him is Nadal, Murray has been up against possibly the two best players ever and is doing a damn good job.

Its like Monty, dont take nothing away from the guy coz he didn't win a major, he was still one of the best golfers Europe has produced, 6 Order of Merit titles in a row was amazing, his iron play was out of this world... If he could buy a putt he would be down as one of the greats

Hopefully this is Andy's year.

Ferrer is obviously no pushover, though. Sometimes it's hard to get the ball past him because he does so much running/hard work on court.

Djokovic I think would be the slight favourite over Murray in the final, if that's the way it's going to be. Maybe not with the bookies here - but Djokovic is playing some sublime tennis.