Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Andy Murray

K-9

Good lad Andy :)

So difficult to call this final - can see it going to five sets. Hopefully Andy can take the decider!

Don't see that myself.  Djokovic is playing at a far higher level than Murray. Murray has won the last two matches through sheer bloody-mindedness.  Courier has just been talking about how clutch Murrays serve has been on the big points.... just as well, because apart from the big points, he's been struggling.

I'll take Djokovic in 3 or 4.  The only thing I hold in Murrays favour at the moment, is the weather forecast on Sunday.  It's forecast to be 38C and the match is played during the day.  Djokovic has struggled in the past when its been hot and the ball moves faster through the air and bounces higher on the court when it's hot.  This will play right into Murrays favour.

Don't see that myself.  Djokovic is playing at a far higher level than Murray. Murray has won the last two matches through sheer bloody-mindedness.  Courier has just been talking about how clutch Murrays serve has been on the big points.... just as well, because apart from the big points, he's been struggling.

I'll take Djokovic in 3 or 4.  The only thing I hold in Murrays favour at the moment, is the weather forecast on Sunday.  It's forecast to be 38C and the match is played during the day.  Djokovic has struggled in the past when its been hot and the ball moves faster through the air and bounces higher on the court when it's hot.  This will play right into Murrays favour.

Is it nae an evening match like today's? ???

Agree with your prediction, though. I think it'll once again be just beyond Andy.

According to the Aussie Open website, it kicks off at 4.30pm:

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Shows/Show.aspx?sh=AOPENRLA11&view=ao

Todays match was 7.30pm.  It was only 29C today and melbourne and Jim Courier is going on about how cold its been at night, and how it'll be different on finals day.  I was there last week and it was round about the same temperature and I was wearing a sweater during the night session on Rod Laver.

It was 38C today in Perth and I'm sitting at home with the Air Con blasting.  It will be a lot hotter for the final - as I know to my cost.  The sun doesn't set till about half 8 in Melbourne either.