Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Andy Murray

K-9

I didn't think Djokovic was injured? I couldn't watch it but was under the impression that Djokovic simply had no energy.

Still. Credit to Murray for becoming just the second man this year to defeat Novak. Let's hope he goes into the Open with some confidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't look good for Murray already. From round 2 onwards he could have a tough draw; his 1st round game pushed back to Wednesday; Federer already through; Nadal playing tonight and Djokovic currently 6-0 1-0 up against an Irishman who is clearly in a very bad way with food poisoning - threw up at the beginning and doc is coming out at next change of ends.

Incidentally, Ireland have two men in the competition, Britain have 1. Money clearly well invested by the LTA...whose money played virtually no part in developing Murray...Surely they should be invited to join the AFC board of directors with such a good track record!

Doesn't look good for Murray already. From round 2 onwards he could have a tough draw; his 1st round game pushed back to Wednesday; Federer already through; Nadal playing tonight and Djokovic currently 6-0 1-0 up against an Irishman who is clearly in a very bad way with food poisoning - threw up at the beginning and doc is coming out at next change of ends.

Incidentally, Ireland have two men in the competition, Britain have 1. Money clearly well invested by the LTA...whose money played virtually no part in developing Murray...Surely they should be invited to join the AFC board of directors with such a good track record!

Fuck how depressing are you - I was reading about how geared up he is cause he has been eating lots of fruit and veg  :P

Fuck how depressing are you - I was reading about how geared up he is cause he has been eating lots of fruit and veg  :P

I was going to mention that his new nutritian has him on an alkaline-rich diet (ie cutting out meat) but I was worried funster would've gone mental  ;D

also the poor Irish sod getting food poisoning is a pretty good advert for vegetarianism among elite athletes himself...!

I was going to mention that his new nutritian has him on an alkaline-rich diet (ie cutting out meat) but I was worried funster would've gone mental  ;D

also the poor Irish sod getting food poisoning is a pretty good advert for vegetarianism among elite athletes himself...!

Funster is mental  :P

I think he has dyed his hair too which may or may not help  ;D

I am contemplating taking the day off work on the Monday after the final but don't want to jinx him before he even starts

I was forgetting food poisoning always comes fae dead animals. But I'm sure his wee fad diet will work. Pish.

almost exclusively. eggs are pretty easy to detect when they've gone bad...and you'll be delighted to know I stopped drinking coo's mulk again as you're right, it's not much different to munching beef.

So yeah, nae food poisoning for me! [*/]DonstalkNeedsASmugWeeDancingSmiley[*/]

COME ON ANDY!!!!

Seeing as there is a women's draw as well, the total number for each country in the 1st round draw is as follows:

GBR: 5

IRL: 2

No. 1. If Andy Murray is Scottish, I don't want to be.

No. 2. His mummy is a scary creature with an unhealthy obsession.

No. 3. Andy's blonde left him citing damn reasonable reasons, only to return for some reason, speculatable on.

No. 4. The boy's won fuck all.

No. 5. Boy's a fuckin fruit.

No. 6. Rocket, stop being a fucking arse bandit or else please keep it to yourself.

No. 1. If Andy Murray is Scottish, I don't want to be.

No. 2. His mummy is a scary creature with an unhealthy obsession.

No. 3. Andy's blonde left him citing damn reasonable reasons, only to return for some reason, speculatable on.

No. 4. The boy's won fuck all.

No. 5. Boy's a fuckin fruit.

No. 6.  ::)

No. 6. Rocket, stop being a fucking arse bandit or else please keep it to yourself.

Surely you defend my right to not like him? Is your love for him so great you won't even accept that a contrary view might exist, far less tolerate it? Didn't you see "the dog died" parody of Murray on national TV? You do understand that your own enthusiasm for the most joyless man in Dunblane isn't a universal view? Should I consult you about every opinion I have before posting anything, to make sure it's acceptable to you?