Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Andy Murray

K-9

Nice teeth. C'est tous.

Anyone recognise who quoteth thus?

“The trouble with keeping your thoughts secret, though, is that you lose the advantages of discussion. Talking about an idea leads to more ideas. So the optimal plan, if you can manage it, is to have a few trusted friends you can speak openly to. This is not just a way to develop ideas; it's also a good rule of thumb for choosing friends. The people you can say heretical things to without getting jumped on are also the most interesting to know.”

When I read this quote just now it reminded of this thread.

Nice teeth. C'est tous.

Anyone recognise who quoteth thus?

“The trouble with keeping your thoughts secret, though, is that you lose the advantages of discussion. Talking about an idea leads to more ideas. So the optimal plan, if you can manage it, is to have a few trusted friends you can speak openly to. This is not just a way to develop ideas; it's also a good rule of thumb for choosing friends. The people you can say heretical things to without getting jumped on are also the most interesting to know.”

When I read this quote just now it reminded of this thread.

A man walks down the street,

He says why am I short of attention,

Got a short little span of attention,

And wo my nights are so long,

Where's my wife and family,

What if I die here...

he has a very tough draw. round one was always gonna be a skoosh but no one else he was ever likely to get is a mug.

If he gets past Lopez, it's either the American, Young (who beat Wawrinka, who beat Murray last year) or Chela.

Then the winner of that probably plays either Del Potro or Isner, before either Ferrer or Nadal most likely in the semi.

If he does win the championship he'll have done it the hard way!

Those ipads are good yeh

Guy next to me on the train had one so I caught the last set on the way home

Sky arrives tomorrow so I may just catch Andy's next game  :thumbsup:

So out in the QFs then  :thumbsup:

What a farce at the US Open today with Roddick getting dicked about by some retarded referee who seemed to be considering trying to use gaffa tape to seal up a leak in the court. 

With the lop-sided splitting of the draw and the rain delays for the last two days it would be a pretty massive surprise if it's not Djokavic or Federer who win this.

So out in the QFs then :thumbsup:

What a farce at the US Open today with Roddick getting dicked about by some retarded referee who seemed to be considering trying to use gaffa tape to seal up a leak in the court. 

With the lop-sided splitting of the draw and the rain delays for the last two days it would be a pretty massive surprise if it's not Djokavic or Federer who win this.

Probably tho he might just make it through as my sky can take up to midnight to activate and he is playing around 5  ;D

Final is now on Monday night

If it's any consolation its a really good match...

:thumbsup:

Fuck off - I couldn't have watched it anyway as I was too busy winning at tenpin bowling  :P

And it was actually BT's fault for trying to deliver it to the wrong fucking address tho if the postie had checked on his computer he would have known that and I wouldn't have had to get up at 7am this morning to go collect it  :hammer:

Can't even watch him live tonight as I am out at a aerial circus theatre show so will have to record it  ;D