Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Andy Murray

K-9

I don't mind people expressing opinions/beliefs. When they are expressed as facts then what can you say?

presumably, something a tad pedantic based on that person's choice of words that, admittedly, could've been used so as not to appear as anything other than evidentially justified belief, rather than a universal, demonstrably objective fact.

based on the people I know who've met her and the boy through their involvement with tennis. I say apparently because it isn't me who met her.

Didn't realise it was out of order to repeat.

It's nae. I didn't realise it was so out of order to ask what an apparent fact was based on.

Since when has arrogance become a matter of fact? How do you measure "extreme" arrogance? Where's the line?

If the boy had written "in my opinion" or "imo" or "imho", would this have made it acceptable to the opinion-police on here?

I've not met Judy Murray either but I can tell that she is extremely fucked up. Do I need to put a 12,000 word dissertation together to justify this?

Will you take a contrary position because you hate someone expressing opinion forcefully? Is it passion that you fear? Is it absent in your own heart and minds by any chance? Perhaps instinct and imagination are qualities that you've neglected since birth? It could be plain old judgement and critical thinking defects but before pedanticising and making a tit of yourselves, ask yourself WHY you waste breath and time? Is it internet contrariness, picking arguments for the sake of it? Does this make you feel less small?

Read Blink by Malcolm Gladwell.

Since when has arrogance become a matter of fact? How do you measure "extreme" arrogance? Where's the line?

If the boy had written "in my opinion" or "imo" or "imho", would this have made it acceptable to the opinion-police on here?

I've not met Judy Murray either but I can tell that she is extremely fucked up. Do I need to put a 12,000 word dissertation together to justify this?

Will you take a contrary position because you hate someone expressing opinion forcefully? Is it passion that you fear? Is it absent in your own heart and minds by any chance? Perhaps instinct and imagination are qualities that you've neglected since birth? It could be plain old judgement and critical thinking defects but before pedanticising and making a tit of yourselves, ask yourself WHY you waste breath and time? Is it internet contrariness, picking arguments for the sake of it? Does this make you feel less small?

Read Blink by Malcolm Gladwell.

No but it doesn't stop you.

• 4 weeks later...

Why would anyone want Murray to win a grand slam? He doesn't deserve to.

He's a computer games enthusiast and a defective personality.

Defective personality? Not many perfect ones and show me the guy around his age that doesn't play computer games.

I'm no necessarily defending him but am no about to destroy the cunt either but you charge on son.

Disagree. I like the guy and respect him also for what he's managed to acheive despite his homeland's pathetic Tennis infrastructure.

Anyone who wants to play tennis or badminton or squash or who wants to excel at swimming or football can do so in this country. It's the will and desire that is missing for the vast majority. I don't buy this national infrastructure deficiency as an excuse for Murray's failure at the top level.

On the contrary, his will to be a tennis player wasn't his own. His mother, sex-starved freak that she is, is the ONLY reason Murray plays. It was HER obsession that drove her sons toward the game. She drove them to it including relocating them to Spain for most of their teenage years.

The courts at Westburn Park don't get used. The facilities and the funding are in place. We don't encourage enough of our kids to engage. We're a fucking useless race of loser fat bastards. C'est tout.

Why would anyone want Murray to win a grand slam? He doesn't deserve to.

He's a computer games enthusiast and a defective personality.

Because he's from Scotland.  That's the only reason I want him to win.  I'm a fan of sports, and tennis in particular, so it's nice to have a world class sportsman to cheer on, that's capable of winning tournaments and mixing it with the best in world.  I'm enjoying it while I can, as once Murray retires I'll have to start getting my kicks from the likes of snooker and darts!

I couldn't really give a rats ass how defective his personality is.  My support of his career is purely on a selfish basis.