Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Andy Murray

K-9

So, er, Nadal out! :o

:o indeed!

I only caught the last half of the 5th set but Nadal had no presence at all. His fitness has looked suspect for the last year or so, so maybe he can't do the Garros/Wimbledon quick turnaround any more like he could previously. And if it comes down to picking one, he's always going to choose Garros to spunk his beans.

Ramps up the pressure on Murray now without question!

:o indeed!

I only caught the last half of the 5th set but Nadal had no presence at all. His fitness has looked suspect for the last year or so, so maybe he can't do the Garros/Wimbledon quick turnaround any more like he could previously. And if it comes down to picking one, he's always going to choose Garros to spunk his beans.

Ramps up the pressure on Murray now without question!

Indeed. This is his golden chance to reach the final. And then hope that Djokovic pulls a hammy.

That's correct.

However for the sake of Andy's chances this year I urge you not to fucking watch it. I believe it was your fault he was knocked out last year because you decided to watch it!

Wirklich?

;D

Cool, I'll watch it during the set 5 tie break in the final.

8)

Fair steam rolled through that fourth set last night meeting the deadline of 11pm to get the game finished saving him having to finish it on Monday.

[/quote

Baghdatis collapsed and gave up as much as Murray was good.

That was a total farce. So unfair on Baghdatis to serve at 1-4 and 10.50pm with all that ridiculous 11pm finish nonsense. The pressure on him not to hold serve was unfair and nothing to do with the rulea of the game.

The confusion caused by the deadline made the whole thing look amateur, and was so unnecessary to stick their necks out like that.

Highlights the fact that transport infrastructure in UK is a joke compared to other places. At Oz they've played to 4.30am before ffs.

That was a total farce. So unfair on Baghdatis to serve at 1-4 and 10.50pm with all that ridiculous 11pm finish nonsense. The pressure on him not to hold serve was unfair and nothing to do with the rulea of the game.

The confusion caused by the deadline made the whole thing look amateur, and was so unnecessary to stick their necks out like that.

Highlights the fact that transport infrastructure in UK is a joke compared to other places. At Oz they've played to 4.30am before ffs.

Must be why london got the olympics (fucking waste of taxpayers money)  ;)

Aye the 11pm deadline was a joke. Utter nonsense.

I don't buy into it being unfair only on Baghdatis though. Both players were under unfair pressure.

I wonder why Baghdatis doesn't play that well more often. He'd be much higher ranked if he did.

Cillic next for Murray. Then the winner of Ferrer v Del Potro in the 1/4. Then possibly Tsonga in the semis. All matches that I'd expect him to win on grass.

Cillic next for Murray. Then the winner of Ferrer v Del Potro in the 1/4. Then possibly Tsonga in the semis. All matches that I'd expect him to win on grass.

Nothing like cranking up the pressure on him ;)

It may well increase the pressure on him right enough. I happen to know he's never off of Donstalk despite being a Hibee. He loves that thing we do when we serve up pun-fests.

The fact is that Murray is better on grass than any of them so provided he keeps the heid and plays his tennis he should prevail. (At least to the final that is.) But then this is Murray we're talking about. He will feel the pressure and how far he goes will be decided on how well he's learned to handle it.

It may well increase the pressure on him right enough. I happen to know he's never off of Donstalk despite being a Hibee. He loves that thing we do when we serve up pun-fests.

The fact is that Murray is better on grass than any of them so provided he keeps the heid and plays his tennis he should prevail. (At least to the final that is.) But then this is Murray we're talking about. He will feel the pressure and how far he goes will be decided on how well he's learned to handle it.

can't fault anything you've said there.