Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Andy Murray

K-9

The highlight of my holiday! Me and my mate took the night off from theme parks to watch the final. Fuck me what a roller coaster that was! (no pun intended).

I was utterly convinced that he'd fucked it when he squandered a 2 set lead but Murray showed mental strength that I didn't know he had. The defeat from Federer at Wimbledon and the gold medal win has given him self confidence. How far he goes now is entirely up to him. He's a better player than Djokovic and should now work to assert himself as a top 3 player. Nadal will be a real rival when fit and Federer still is but he wont be around for too much longer surely so I don't see why Murray shouldn't aim to be world no 1 soon.

• 4 weeks later...

What annoyed me about yesterday is that in the 3rd set it looked like Murray had given up? He couldn't have been that knackered as he's done plenty of five setters in the past. He had 5 match points and didn't take any of them. The manner of this defeat has really bothered me.

• 4 weeks later...

After having to grind out a (very important) win against Berdych on Monday today Muzz takes on Djokovic. Anyone know much about this Djokovic fella?  :hammer:

He got a tough group this year. I'd have preferred him to get Djokovic 3rd so he can secure passage to the next round first but then again if he can beat him and Tsonga he'll get an "easier" semi final.

that london crowd last night were fucking disgusting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/nov/11/andy-murray-roger-federer-02-arena

I didn't notice the crowd being any more pro Fed than they are at Wimbledon. Murray got booed when he changed his racket on set point for Fed. The media are blowing this way out of proportion. There's always been the "anti-Jock" agenda from some of the guffy pricks but no more than usual.

It's fair enough that Fed gets support because he's loved all over, but in the Olympics and Wimbledon the crowd were supportive of both. last night was the worst I've heard it for a few years now in terms of being openly hostile to the 'home' player. I love London as a place but the dickheads last night really pissed me off.

And most of it stems from the "Anyone but England" joke he made a few years back. But I still think in general he got a decent support. I've got to fucking get myself to one of these events. If I get to the end without getting thrown out it'll be a miracle.

Murray has quite a prevalent Scottish identity.

That's because he's Scottish.

I don't know if they all want him to try and use an English accent instead. But I would've thought winning a medal for "Team GB" would have sent him up in the estimations of the xenophobic English.

• 2 months later...