Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Paisley Saints vs Dons

manc_don

Dreadful defending for the goal. If Bologna have offered £3m for Ramsey we should be ripping their arm off. Lad has been awful since coming back from injury. 

Said before we have absolutely no creation without Hedges. Really need to get an attacking central midfielder in and another striker so we have another option when Ramirez is as poor as he was tonight.

• Like 1

Garbage. Midfield is atrocious. Just put it back to bates for another st mirren bye kick.

Ramirez must be sick of feeding off scraps.

Impostors everywhere. No point turning up for the Glasgow teams of you can't do it any other time.

Campbell was gash, gave the ball away more times than Ramirez touched it.

2 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Dont know what Campbell offers.Want him to do well,but he's far too uninventive.Ramsay was rather dodgy too.Might be more effective as a right winger if his defensive duties dont improve.

Missed the seniors big time,Jonny and Watkins

Considine said on Saturday that Watkins is out to the split. Hope he is wrong. 

That was the worst we've been in a while. I'm still not seeing the entertaining fitba we were promised. Predictable pish. Goodwin knew exactly how to set up tonight, give Bates the time and space and cover the outballs so he has zero options. Attack McRorie when it goes to him and he'll just fire it away. If we do get it forward, press hard and we'll fuck it up. I mean, they played for a draw and got fucking lucky that Ramsay decided that defending was optional. Really bad defending like, horrendous positioning. Great finish, but we weren't offered anything like that on a plate from Tanser or Fraser. Cowan is fucking irritating too, further ruining the game. Jet came on for Hedges and so took up the positions across the front that Hedges would have, only 40mph slower (negative speed). That was clearly "tactical". Should have been told to stay close to Ramirez and stretch them. Ojo, Jenks and Hedges at the same time isn't a thing, unless we're trying to be solid against the scum. They trip over each other trying to play narrow. 

8 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Dont know what Campbell offers.Want him to do well,but he's far too uninventive.Ramsay was rather dodgy too.Might be more effective as a right winger if his defensive duties dont improve.

Missed the seniors big time,Jonny and Watkins

Campbell is a midfielder, too similar to Brown or Ferguson to get a game there. I thought he'd be decent at left back, but he's not delivered to date. He was okay defensively tonight but you'd expect his use of the ball to be far better. Jury is still out, but I think he'll turn out alright. Seems to have a decent footballing brain, but maybe wanting a bit too much time on it at the moment.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

That was the worst we've been in a while. I'm still not seeing the entertaining fitba we were promised. Predictable pish. Goodwin knew exactly how to set up tonight, give Bates the time and space and cover the outballs so he has zero options. Attack McRorie when it goes to him and he'll just fire it away. If we do get it forward, press hard and we'll fuck it up. I mean, they played for a draw and got fucking lucky that Ramsay decided that defending was optional. Really bad defending like, horrendous positioning. Great finish, but we weren't offered anything like that on a plate from Tanser or Fraser. Cowan is fucking irritating too, further ruining the game. Jet came on for Hedges and so took up the positions across the front that Hedges would have, only 40mph slower (negative speed). That was clearly "tactical". Should have been told to stay close to Ramirez and stretch them. Ojo, Jenks and Hedges at the same time isn't a thing, unless we're trying to be solid against the scum. They trip over each other trying to play narrow. 

Ojo jenks and hedges ( plus brown and fergie) is exactly where our issues lie. Five midfielders running all over the place. 

Get rid of a couple, bring in players to attack the wings and give Ramirez the chance to attack something.

Ps hedges is easily the most overrated I've seen in years. Gets one decision in twenty right, couldn't hit a barn door and hasn't beat a man in years.

6 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Ojo, Jenks and Hedges at the same time isn't a thing, unless we're trying to be solid against the scum. They trip over each other trying to play narrow. 

If you look at that starting lineup we had arguably six players whose natural position is central midfield. We've become inured to things like Ojo playing in attacking positions because it's been happening all season but when you consistently put out unbalanced teams like that with square pegs shoved into round holes then you can't be surprised when it doesn't work.

I can happily write off this season as a transition year but the idea behind a transition is you're moving to somewhere better. To do that you need some kind of plan and I can't see anything resembling a plan at present beyond some vague belief that having loads of toothless possession is a good thing.

• Like 2

A number of you are saying what I see. A team full of central midfielders struggles, especially when none are overly creative. Brown Ferguson Campbell Jenks Ojo don't offer any flair, all simply work, some harder than others. Hedges is inconsistent and when he's bad he's bad, plus he's incredibly one sided and predictable. Our most creative player is Ramsey and a combination of coming back from injury and surely listening to the rumors have clearly affected him. 

We definitely missed Jonny wide tonight, and we miss a creative central spark. Saying it again and again, we need two wingers and a #10. Until we fix that we're severely limited, and what we are seeing we have seen all season. Square peg round hole.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

A number of you are saying what I see. A team full of central midfielders struggles, especially when none are overly creative. Brown Ferguson Campbell Jenks Ojo don't offer any flair, all simply work, some harder than others. Hedges is inconsistent and when he's bad he's bad, plus he's incredibly one sided and predictable. Our most creative player is Ramsey and a combination of coming back from injury and surely listening to the rumors have clearly affected him. 

We definitely missed Jonny wide tonight, and we miss a creative central spark. Saying it again and again, we need two wingers and a #10. Until we fix that we're severely limited, and what we are seeing we have seen all season. Square peg round hole.

Nothing to disagree with here

20 minutes ago, sancho_panza said:

If you look at that starting lineup we had arguably six players whose natural position is central midfield. We've become inured to things like Ojo playing in attacking positions because it's been happening all season but when you consistently put out unbalanced teams like that with square pegs shoved into round holes then you can't be surprised when it doesn't work.

I can happily write off this season as a transition year but the idea behind a transition is you're moving to somewhere better. To do that you need some kind of plan and I can't see anything resembling a plan at present beyond some vague belief that having loads of toothless possession is a good thing.

Wrong season to be in transition though when 3rd guarantees European group football this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Wrong season to be in transition though when 3rd guarantees European group football this year. 

Haha fuck me if that's true then what a fucjk up by us and typical after all these failed attempts at europa ! Cormack really is a bass using the team we all love as his play thing! Disgusting and so unnecessary. This experiment will be going on until next year because his ego is to large to admit he got it wrong 

Well fellow Dandies, don't know about you but I'm still raging from that shitfest last night.

In a season where there have been a few instances of one step forward and then two backwards last night felt more like three or four steps backward.

I'm genuinely struggling to think of one single outfield player who deserves pass marks. Even our leader Brown looked miles of the pace and strangely disinterested. I'm excusing Joe from criticism on this occassion as we all know where the fault for their goal lies (and not wishing to take anything away from the quality of the finish)

The two who are apparently transfer targets appear to have had their heads turned by all the talk of moves. Ramsay is a young look, so perhaps can be excused, but he isn't doing much to sell himself these days and needs to get back to doing the basics correctly. Without being overly critical of him his contribution to their goal was massive.

Can't go without mentioning JET, we paid money and gave them Bruce Anderson for him. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea ?

Massive six days for the management team between now and Monday night as one thing is crystal clear we simply are carrying far too many passengers that contribute fuck all to the team on the park.

Yup, very poor result.

I'm standing by my previous comment when asking what the fuck our striker coach is doing.

Surely he tells every outfield player to keep their body/head down to keep the ball from flying over the fucking crossbar every time?

We are severely lacking in goals so I'm asking what happens on the training ground.

If Allan is a fantastic coach then we need to get rid of a LOT of players.

22 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Yup, very poor result.

I'm standing by my previous comment when asking what the fuck our striker coach is doing.

Surely he tells every outfield player to keep their body/head down to keep the ball from flying over the fucking crossbar every time?

We are severely lacking in goals so I'm asking what happens on the training ground.

If Allan is a fantastic coach then we need to get rid of a LOT of players.

There were very few shots that a striking coach would have much influence over. Telling people to keep their head down has no bearing on anything, they'll have been told that since they were 5. The reason we're skying so many is that we're dicking about forever in possession, leaving us to try difficult, speculative efforts from distance with a player between the man and goal when the answer is just not to shoot. Very few of our shots have been open and what you'd class as good chances. We're not creating good chances. We're too easy to frustrate thirty yards out. Not only that, because we don't hit the line and get a cross in, we don't benefit from any other chances that might come from a deflection or poor clearance either. I feel a bit sorry for Hedges and Ojo, who've been asked to cut inside and try and make something out of nothing through intricate passing in congested defences.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

There were very few shots that a striking coach would have much influence over. Telling people to keep their head down has no bearing on anything, they'll have been told that since they were 5. The reason we're skying so many is that we're dicking about forever in possession, leaving us to try difficult, speculative efforts from distance with a player between the man and goal when the answer is just not to shoot. Very few of our shots have been open and what you'd class as good chances. We're not creating good chances. We're too easy to frustrate thirty yards out. Not only that, because we don't hit the line and get a cross in, we don't benefit from any other chances that might come from a deflection or poor clearance either. I feel a bit sorry for Hedges and Ojo, who've been asked to cut inside and try and make something out of nothing through intricate passing in congested defences.

The reason we are saying shots over is lack of composure and remembering to keep your head down.

Things a striking coach should be instilling in their play.

It's all about technique whether under pressure or not.

We've had plenty chances where a player has made space and still blown it over the bar or midway to the corner flag.