Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Broken Glass

Interesting appointment. Never worked in club football but seems well thought of by English FA. Seems to be a positional coach. Are we going down the NFL route of a head coach then a number of specific coaches for each skill position? 

Very inexperienced coaching team so far. 

14 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Good stuff. I think that we were all concerned about Glass coming in after McInnes, but this guy is a lot tidier than McInnes. I wouldn't say he's hot, but it's a definite improvement. Good stuff, things are looking positive. 

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Interesting appointment. Never worked in club football but seems well thought of by English FA. Seems to be a positional coach. Are we going down the NFL route of a head coach then a number of specific coaches for each skill position? 

Very inexperienced coaching team so far. 

It does seem to be lacking the director to pull it all together (maybe Atlanta provide that directorship), but good to see us appointing these "best in class" coaches like. A good team around Glass will make a world of difference. I think we need to move on recruiting too. Whilst it's all very good getting guys like Griffiths (for example) cause they're Brown's mates, it will quickly run out of legroom, so something long term before the summer in the scouting department would be great. 

• 2 weeks later...

First day of training done. 

I was really against this in the beginning, but having heard him speak and with the words he's saying, it's words I was keen to hear. Alongside Russell, who must have something about him, then I am completely for it now. 

I don't actually think it'll be an instant success, I reckon we'll know a lot more about Glass come next Summer. I think that's ample time to get your ideas across and implemented into the team. 12 Month rolling contract was also a good shout from Cormack. 

Come on Stephen, I sincerely hope it all works out. 

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/04/13/we-are-ready-to-try-and-make-our-mark-on-the-club/

Fair play to Cormack in having the balls to try this new era.  He has got rid of a hell of a lot of proven ability in McInnes, Docherty, McKenna, Cosgrove and Logan to bring in a rookie manager, unproven assistant manager plus what looks like a good few young players.  This will either be a masterstroke or backfire spectacularly.  If it works we will have great fitba and a couple of trophies in the bank.  If it fails you could see McInnes laughing at us fighting relegation while he sits back in third place with maybe a Hearts bodywarmer on.  Who knows, it should make for an interesting couple of seasons.     

20 hours ago, manc_don said:

Be interesting to see what changes (if any) he makes to the starting line up. Obviously he's a bit hamstrung at the moment, but given his intent on youth, it'll be interesting to see how many are promoted / utilised. 

Maybe he will start by playing players in their strongest positions?

• Haha 1

I'm going to say he's pretty naive about Scottish football having been gone for a while.

He will soon enough get his eyes opened. 

The 3rd place trophy is now the pinnacle for clubs like Aberdeen. Getting into the 'top six' is also seen as some sort of quasi-achievement by the ridiculous Scottish football media.

So he needs to start talking in terms of top six, 3rd place, and the unrealistic expectations of the fans who are living in the 80's if he wants to be seen as a success.

I shouldn't be so negative.

He's got a clean slate. Best of luck to him. 

Anything is better than the pitiful hun sycophancy we were forced to endure from hun lovers McInnes and Wright amongst others this season.

Hopefully there will be none of that next season.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/04/2021 at 22:27, tom_widdows said:

Now we know why Russell was given all clear as English FA knew they were likely sacking him. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14949307/england-football-coach-axed-by-fa-car-smash/

Apologies for the source.

Club’s statement basically said they have just found out about it which makes the “Allan has taken full responsibility” line a bit confusing. Poor form to take a job knowing you have a national interest court case coming up and not mention anything about it. He better be fucking good at his job...

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

Great. We get someone who was about to be sacked anyway.

The insurance thing is ridiculous. I'm not into dishonest people at all.

We should sack him too.

It's not even that.

The fact a Scotsman took on the position of England's fucking striker coach should have alarm bells ringing.

Big no no for me.